Will Abolish Contractual Systems of Appointment: Amarinder Singh
File photo of Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh.
Ludhiana: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Saturday said if his party is voted to power it would abolish contractual system of appointments in the government, particularly in municipal corporations, committees and other local bodies.
"All the employees working on ad hoc or daily wage basis in these bodies will be regularised once the Congress comes to power," he said at a function here on the eve of Parkash Parv of Bhagawan Valmiki.
Urging the Valmiki Samaj to support the Congress in the upcoming Punjab elections, he said, "If the party comes to power (financial assistance) under the Shagun Scheme will be
increased to Rs 50,000 while old age, handicapped and widow pensions will be increased to Rs 2,000 a month."
"We will also provide 300 units of electricity for free to the poor and not only continue the Aata-Daal scheme, but will provide tea and sugar under it," he assured.
Punjab AICC-in-charge Asha Kumar appealed people to help the Congress form government.
She added the party is committed to the welfare and uplift of downtrodden people.
Recommended For You
- Alia-Sidharth Steal The Limelight From Priyanka at Her Own Homecoming Bash
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- Shahid Enjoying Pool Time With Daughter Misha Is The Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Toyota Innova Touring Sport Edition to Launch in India on May 4, 2017