Will Abolish Contractual Systems of Appointment: Amarinder Singh
File photo of Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh.
Ludhiana: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Saturday said if his party is voted to power it would abolish contractual system of appointments in the government, particularly in municipal corporations, committees and other local bodies.
"All the employees working on ad hoc or daily wage basis in these bodies will be regularised once the Congress comes to power," he said at a function here on the eve of Parkash Parv of Bhagawan Valmiki.
Urging the Valmiki Samaj to support the Congress in the upcoming Punjab elections, he said, "If the party comes to power (financial assistance) under the Shagun Scheme will be
increased to Rs 50,000 while old age, handicapped and widow pensions will be increased to Rs 2,000 a month."
"We will also provide 300 units of electricity for free to the poor and not only continue the Aata-Daal scheme, but will provide tea and sugar under it," he assured.
Punjab AICC-in-charge Asha Kumar appealed people to help the Congress form government.
She added the party is committed to the welfare and uplift of downtrodden people.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video