Will Abolish Contractual Systems of Appointment: Amarinder Singh
File photo of Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh.
Ludhiana: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Saturday said if his party is voted to power it would abolish contractual system of appointments in the government, particularly in municipal corporations, committees and other local bodies.
"All the employees working on ad hoc or daily wage basis in these bodies will be regularised once the Congress comes to power," he said at a function here on the eve of Parkash Parv of Bhagawan Valmiki.
Urging the Valmiki Samaj to support the Congress in the upcoming Punjab elections, he said, "If the party comes to power (financial assistance) under the Shagun Scheme will be
"We will also provide 300 units of electricity for free to the poor and not only continue the Aata-Daal scheme, but will provide tea and sugar under it," he assured.
Punjab AICC-in-charge Asha Kumar appealed people to help the Congress form government.
She added the party is committed to the welfare and uplift of downtrodden people.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa: Proteas Defeat Hosts by Three Runs in 2nd T20I
- BCCI Extends Timeline for Fresh Applications for Vacant Coach Job
- Tubelight Review: Recommended Strictly For Salman's Die-hard Fans
- Pehredaar Piya Ki Promo Sees An Adult Woman Married To a Kid, Cue In The Cringes
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats