Will back any agitation by Ramdev: Himachal BJP
The Himachal authorities, in a swift but peaceful move, had taken over the land given to Ramdev's trust Patanjali Yogpeeth.
Shimla: A day after the Himachal Pradesh government took over possession of the land given to Ramdev's trust after cancelling its lease, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday said it would support any agitation by the yoga guru against the move. "Himachal BJP would back any agitation by Ramdev against cancellation of land lease to Patanjali Yogpeeth," state BJP chief Satpal Singh Satti said.
On Friday, the Himachal authorities, in a swift but peaceful move, had taken over the land given to Ramdev's trust Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP regime, three days after the state government decided to cancel its lease.
Satti said the move of the Congress government had only created political ill and given credence to the allegations that it was targeting the political rivals. "We are with Ramdev on this issue and demand a review of decision by the government," Satti said.
The lease would be reconsidered when the BJP comes to power in the state, he said, adding, the previous government had given land to 'Patanjali Yogapeeth' to facilitate setting up a centre for propagation of Yoga and Ayurveda, which would provide employment to thousands of youth.
"It would have only benefited the people of Himachal but unfortunately, the Congress has overlooked the interests of common man," Satti said, coming down heavily on the ruling Congress.
Satti alleged that the Congress government had not taken any decision in public interest during its two months rule, except ordering inquiries, changing the names of the schemes started by the BJP.
In a strong-worded resolution adopted at the first meeting of state executive after Satti was appointed state BJP chief for second term, the party alleged that BJP leaders, MLAs and workers were being implicated in false cases by the state government.
"The BJP leaders, MLAs and workers are being implicated in false cases and Congress leader are pressurising the officers for getting contracts but the BJP would not take the things lying down and give a befitting reply by opposing these actions in Vidhan Sabha and in the streets," the resolution said.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony