Will resign from Rajasthan assembly if arrested: Kataria
The CBI has booked Kataria and three others for murder charges in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader Gulab Chand Kataria, who has been chargesheeted in Sohrabuddin encounter case, on Wednesday said he would resign from the Rajasthan Assembly if arrested in the case. "A political game has been played to implicate me in this case. The real face of CBI and the Union government will be revealed after the investigations," Kataria, who was in Jaipur to attend a meeting of the state assembly, told reporters.
Terming the matter as a "political conspiracy" against him, Kataria said that he will not come back to the Legislative Assembly till he is proved innocent.
"I have not received any summon from CBI. There is deliberate attempt to end my 35-year-long political career. I have been made an accused in matters which I have no knowledge of," he said.
CBI has booked Kataria and three others for murder charges in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case. Kataria is the second high profile politician to be named in the alleged fake encounter case after former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Hockey: Indiaâs Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Pakistan Court Releases 3 'R&AW Agents' For Lack of Evidence