DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Will resign from Rajasthan assembly if arrested: Kataria
The CBI has booked Kataria and three others for murder charges in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader Gulab Chand Kataria, who has been chargesheeted in Sohrabuddin encounter case, on Wednesday said he would resign from the Rajasthan Assembly if arrested in the case. "A political game has been played to implicate me in this case. The real face of CBI and the Union government will be revealed after the investigations," Kataria, who was in Jaipur to attend a meeting of the state assembly, told reporters.
Terming the matter as a "political conspiracy" against him, Kataria said that he will not come back to the Legislative Assembly till he is proved innocent.
"I have not received any summon from CBI. There is deliberate attempt to end my 35-year-long political career. I have been made an accused in matters which I have no knowledge of," he said.
CBI has booked Kataria and three others for murder charges in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case. Kataria is the second high profile politician to be named in the alleged fake encounter case after former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan