Women aping foreign culture not for India: Babulal Gaur
Recently, MP Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya had drawn flak for advising women not to cross their 'Lakshman rekha'.
Sagar: After Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya drew flak for 'Lakshman rekha' remark, his senior colleague Babulal Gaur on Sunday said 'foreign culture' of women wearing jeans and T-shirts, drinking liquor and dancing with other men is not good for India.
"Women in foreign countries wear jeans and T-shirts, dance with other men and even drink liquor, but that is their culture. It's good for them, but not for India, where only our traditions and culture are ok," Urban Administration & Development minister Gaur said when asked about controversies over women's dress.
However, he said, "Let women consider what is good and bad for them". The minister arrived here to lay foundation stone for developmental works being carried out under the Chief Minister's Infrastructure Development Scheme.
Recently, Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya had drawn flak for advising women not to cross their "Lakshman rekha".
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes