Won't bail out UPA: CPI on Mamata's trust vote
But Gurudas Dasgupta said that Mamata had not spoken to the CPI on the matter
New Delhi: Even as the BJP on Monday shied away taking a stand on the Trinamool Congress's proposal to bring in a no-confidence motion against the UPA government, Mamata Banerjee's arch rival the Communist Party of India (CPI) made it clear that it will not bail out UPA-2.
"If Mamata brings in the no-confidence motion, we will not bail out the government," senior CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said on Monday. But Dasgupta said that Mamata had not spoken to the CPI on the matter and added that if she managed to get the support of 50 MPs required to introduce the no-confidence motion then his party will not try to save the UPA government.
While the UPA government said that it had the numbers to survive a no-confidence motion, BJP leader Balbir Punj welcomed Mamata Banerjee's move. Punj said his party would put pressure on the UPA government. He also added that the BJP was ready to support all parties who want to vote against UPA's anti-people decisions in Parliament. While the BJP Parliamentary Committee meeting is to be held on Tuesday, the NDA meeting is scheduled for November 21.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18