DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Work on Lokpal will be completed soon: Singhvi
The Standing Committee has been given three months time till December seven to prepare its report
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing Committee going into the Lokpal Bill will complete its work "soon", its chairman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said on Sunday.
"The speed and the direction of the committee are nothing short of a miracle. We are hoping to complete our work soon and fast but it is unfair to suggest timelines and deadlines," Singhvi said.
The committee has been given three months' time till December seven to prepare its report.
The committee, however, was not in operation for almost a month as the term of the earlier committee ended and reconstitution took time.
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in August this year after Anna Hazare's 13-day fast that month demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi