DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Yashwant Sinha seeks amendments to Finance Bill
The BJP leader has sought the amendment to ensure that farmers whose land is being attached for non-payment of wealth tax are provided some relief.
New Delhi: Amidst reports that the government had finally managed to get the Opposition on board on the key Finance Bill, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Monday wrote to P Chidambaram demanding certain amendments to the Bill. Sinha reportedly sought the amendment to ensure that farmers whose land was being attached for non-payment of wealth tax were provided some relief.
Naresh Gujaral of Akali Dal had raised this matter in Parliament earlier.
Sources say that the Finance Bill is likely to be taken up on Tuesday along with demands for grants. The demands for grants for four ministries were agreed upon on Sunday in consultation with opposition parties.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere