Yashwant Sinha alleges his phone is being tapped
The BJP leader claims that after he raised the Aircel-Maxis issue against P Chidambaram, orders were given to tap his phones.
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Friday alleged that his telephones and those of his family were tapped after he raised the Aircel-Maxis issue against Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"When I raised the Aircel-Maxis issue against P Chidambaram, orders were given to tap my telephones and those of my family members, but we are not afraid," Sinha told a press conference in Ranchi.
Dubbing it as a pressure tactic, Sinha said, "This shows the Congress vindictiveness, but BJP will not succumb to such pressure or threats."
Taking exception to Congress president Sonia Gandhi asking her partymen to launch a counter-offensive against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) following stalling Parliament on the coal block issue, Sinha accused her of being arrogant and trying to dilute it. "Sonia Gandhi asks Congress members to attack the BJP on the coal block allocation issue. Is this the way? Compare this with the polite approach by former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who once asked the BJP to reach out to the Opposition on an issue during Parliament session," he said.
Alleging that the Congress wanted to dilute the coal block allocation issue, he said, "But we know what will happen. Debates will continue till 8 pm or so and the Prime Minister will give a reply and the matter will be diluted. Thereafter, one cannot raise the issue a second time."
He said the BJP would insist on the resignation of the Prime Minister and the party would approach the people 'who are above Parliament'.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Nokia to Help Bharti Airtel to Expand 4G Network in India
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi