DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Illegal mining case: HC to hear Yeddy's petition
Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has sought a relaxation of one of the conditions of the anticipatory bail.
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa's petition seeking relaxation of one of the conditions of the anticipatory bail granted to him in connection with an illegal mining case being probed by the CBI, will come up before the High Court on Friday.
The petition seeking relaxation of the condition according to which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore, will come up before Justice Subhash B Adi.
The Supreme Court had on May 11 directed the CBI to conduct a probe against Yeddurappa for 'serious illegalities' in mining activities in which he allegedly 'misused his public office' for monetary benefits by extending favours to mining barons and corporates.
Karnataka High Court on June 21 had granted conditional anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa in the case.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017