Illegal mining case: HC to hear Yeddy's petition
Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has sought a relaxation of one of the conditions of the anticipatory bail.
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa's petition seeking relaxation of one of the conditions of the anticipatory bail granted to him in connection with an illegal mining case being probed by the CBI, will come up before the High Court on Friday.
The petition seeking relaxation of the condition according to which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore, will come up before Justice Subhash B Adi.
The Supreme Court had on May 11 directed the CBI to conduct a probe against Yeddurappa for 'serious illegalities' in mining activities in which he allegedly 'misused his public office' for monetary benefits by extending favours to mining barons and corporates.
Karnataka High Court on June 21 had granted conditional anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa in the case.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology