Yeddyurappa dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Yeddyurappa said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9. "I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he said at the airport in Belgaum.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP's state core meeting in Belgaum on December 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs. Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"