Yeddyurappa dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Yeddyurappa said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9. "I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he said at the airport in Belgaum.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP's state core meeting in Belgaum on December 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs. Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation