BJP has promised to make me K'taka CM: BSY
Yeddyurappa said he was promised that he would get the Chief Minister's post after the Rajya Sabha polls.
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa is flexing his muscles again. He will go on a tour of Karnataka to test his strength. Ahead of the tour, he once again reminded his party leadership of their promise to make him the Chief Minister. Yeddyurappa said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leadership had given him an assurance that he would get his chief minister post back after the Rajya Sabha polls.
"National leaders have assured me that they will make me the chief minister again, they were busy with the Rajya Sabha elections till now," Yeddyurappa said. "I won't force the BJP High Command," he added.
Yeddyurappa has been claiming the support of 64 MLAs and has been putting pressure on party president Nitin Gadkari to reinstate him as the Karnataka chief minister. Sources say that he has been assured by the party leadership of concrete action by the first week of April.
Yeddyurappa who shifted legislators to a resort on March 18 in a show of strength to mount pressure on the high command to reinstate him as Chief Minister, has been maintaining a low profile for the last few days.
The dissident activity that rocked the ruling party early this month came to a halt after intervention by BJP President Nitin Gadkari, who asked the Yeddyurappa faction and also those supporting Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda to concentrate on the on-going budget session.
Gowda's followers are confident that the party would continue to back him, at a time when he is trying to refurbish the party's image which has taken a severe beating due to corruption charges and internal squabbles.
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump