Yeddyurappa defers Delhi visit to Monday
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa has deferred his Delhi visit to Monday .
Bangalore: An embattled Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, facing the threat of loosing power in the wake of allegations of land scams erupting against him has deferred his Delhi visit to Monday.
Yeddyurappa, who had been summoned today by BJP president Nitin Gadkari to discuss the crisis that has hit the party government, cancelled his trip in the last minute.
Sources in the Chief Minister's Secretariat stated that "Yeddyurappa is not going to Delhi today. But likely to visit tomorrow. Even that is not for sure."
The sources could not confirm whether Yeddyurappa will attend a saree distribution programme planned tomorrow at Ramanagara, a strong hold of JD-S.
BJP leadership has authorised Gadkari to decide on the fate of Yeddyurappa after opposition parties stepped up pressure for his resignation.
As uncertainty over his continuance loomed large,Yeddyurappa went into consultations with his confidants throughout the day.
JD-S today released some more documents allegedly indicating involvement of Yeddyurappa in some financial irregularities.
In another development, Minister for Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Jagadish Shettar, who has emerged as a candidate for chief ministerial post in the event of BJP deciding to ease out Yeddyurappa, said he was not in the race for the top job.
Shettar, who had joined hands with rebels, refused to react to the on-going developments in his party, while talking to reporters.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC