DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CBI will delay illegal mining probe: K'taka CM
Karnataka Chief Minister met Governor HR Bhardwaj on Friday morning to discuss the illegal mining issue.
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa met Governor HR Bhardwaj in Bangalore on Friday morning to discuss the illegal mining issue and the ongoing protests by Opposition MLAs.
Yeddyurappa briefed the Governor about his government's decision against an investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into the issue of illegal mining as demanded by Opposition MLAs belonging to the Congress and Janata Dal (Secular).
"It was a cordial meeting with the Governor. Granting more powers to the Lokayukta and the illegal mining issue were discussed. I briefed him that CBI inquiry was not needed as it would further delay the investigations," Yeddyurappa said after meeting the Governor.
Yeddyurappa blamed the Opposition MLAs for protesting in the Assembly cand called them undemocratic.
"Instead of attaining the Assembly they are taking out a march upto Bellary," said Yeddyurappa.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has accused the Governor of being a Congress agent after he met President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh where he called for action to be taken against the mining barons, the Bellary Reddy brothers.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017