Youths put up flex boards for TN poll official
A sum of Rs 5.11 crore was seized from a private bus in Tiruchirappalli in April.
Tiruparankunram: In a marked departure from the usual practice of putting up posters for politicians and actors, some youngsters have put up a giant flex board near Tiruparankunram praising Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar for holding the assembly polls in a fair manner.
The youths of Avaniapuram, who claimed to be members of the 'Praveen Kumar's fans association', said they also performed "milk abhishekam' to the Board, which carried the CEO's picture.
"The board was put up to express our profound gratitude to the CEO for holding the elections in a fair manner without any untoward incident and checking money distribution," President of the 'Avaniapuram Committee for Campaign against money distribution for votes' K Stalin told reporters.
He also claimed that the residents of the area welcomed his action of putting up the board.
In the run up to the polls the Election Commission had seized unaccounted money running into crores of rupees from various places in Tamil Nadu as part of measures to prevent use of money power in the April 13 assembly elections.
A sum of Rs 5.11 crore was seized from a private bus in Tiruchirappalli early in April.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Nokia to Help Bharti Airtel to Expand 4G Network in India
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers