Youths put up flex boards for TN poll official
A sum of Rs 5.11 crore was seized from a private bus in Tiruchirappalli in April.
Tiruparankunram: In a marked departure from the usual practice of putting up posters for politicians and actors, some youngsters have put up a giant flex board near Tiruparankunram praising Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar for holding the assembly polls in a fair manner.
The youths of Avaniapuram, who claimed to be members of the 'Praveen Kumar's fans association', said they also performed "milk abhishekam' to the Board, which carried the CEO's picture.
"The board was put up to express our profound gratitude to the CEO for holding the elections in a fair manner without any untoward incident and checking money distribution," President of the 'Avaniapuram Committee for Campaign against money distribution for votes' K Stalin told reporters.
He also claimed that the residents of the area welcomed his action of putting up the board.
In the run up to the polls the Election Commission had seized unaccounted money running into crores of rupees from various places in Tamil Nadu as part of measures to prevent use of money power in the April 13 assembly elections.
A sum of Rs 5.11 crore was seized from a private bus in Tiruchirappalli early in April.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Falcon 9 Explosion Most Difficult Failure: Elon Musk
- SpaceX Seeks Public Help in Probing Falcon 9 Rocket Explosion
- Satellite Owner Could Seek $50 Million From SpaceX After Falcon 9 Explosion