2002 riots: Hearing on Zakia Jafri's plea against Modi deferred to April 11
Zakia Jafri is the wife of late Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the Gulbarga massacre of 2002.
New Delhi: The Gujarat High Court on Thursday deferred the hearing in the 2002 riots case of Gulbarga massacre. Zakia Jafri, the wife of late Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the massacre, had moved a review petition challenging a lower court's clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the case.
The matter will now be heard on April 11.
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) appointed by the Gujarat High Court had filed a closure report on February 8, 2012, saying there was no evidence against Modi in the riots. A Metropolitan Magistrate had upheld the conclusion.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone