DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2002 riots: Hearing on Zakia Jafri's plea against Modi deferred to April 11
Zakia Jafri is the wife of late Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the Gulbarga massacre of 2002.
New Delhi: The Gujarat High Court on Thursday deferred the hearing in the 2002 riots case of Gulbarga massacre. Zakia Jafri, the wife of late Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the massacre, had moved a review petition challenging a lower court's clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the case.
The matter will now be heard on April 11.
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) appointed by the Gujarat High Court had filed a closure report on February 8, 2012, saying there was no evidence against Modi in the riots. A Metropolitan Magistrate had upheld the conclusion.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes