After Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes Exits Indian Wells
File image of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: Leander Paes and his Argentine partner Juan Martin de Porto crashed out in the opening round of the men's doubles event to bring an early closure to India's challenge at the ATP Indian Wells Masters, here.
Paes and Del Porto were no match for Luxembourg's Gilles Muller and American Sam Querry as they suffered straight sets 3-6 4-6 defeat to make early exit from the ATP Masters event.
A break of serve in each set was enough for Muller and Querry to pocket the comfortable win.
In contrast, Muller and Querry converted one out of the three break point opportunities that came their way in the second set to seal the affair in little over an hour.
With Leander's loss, India's campaign came to an end in the tournament as Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas have already been shown the door in the opening round.
Bopanna and his Uruguyan partner Cuevas fought hard before losing 6-2 3-6 10-7 against Serbian combination of Novak Djokovic and Viktor Troicki.
Recommended For You
- BCCI To Get In Excess of USD 400 Million From ICC, Terms It As Success
- OnePlus 5 Launched at a Starting Price of Rs 32,999
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Test Drive Review - Lone Survivor
- Pak Cricket Fan Trolled For Comparing SRK's Popularity with Sarfraz Ahmed
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian