After Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes Exits Indian Wells
File image of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: Leander Paes and his Argentine partner Juan Martin de Porto crashed out in the opening round of the men's doubles event to bring an early closure to India's challenge at the ATP Indian Wells Masters, here.
Paes and Del Porto were no match for Luxembourg's Gilles Muller and American Sam Querry as they suffered straight sets 3-6 4-6 defeat to make early exit from the ATP Masters event.
A break of serve in each set was enough for Muller and Querry to pocket the comfortable win.
In contrast, Muller and Querry converted one out of the three break point opportunities that came their way in the second set to seal the affair in little over an hour.
With Leander's loss, India's campaign came to an end in the tournament as Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas have already been shown the door in the opening round.
Bopanna and his Uruguyan partner Cuevas fought hard before losing 6-2 3-6 10-7 against Serbian combination of Novak Djokovic and Viktor Troicki.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- IPL 2017: Dravid Backs 'Skipper' Karun After Crushing KXIP Defeat
- IPL 2017: David Warner Ton Sets Up Big SRH Win Over KKR
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her