Andy Murray Claims His Spot In Shanghai Masters Final
Andy Murray of Great Britain secured his spot in Shanghai Masters final after winning the match against Frenchmen Gilles Simon. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Shanghai: Briton Andy Murray on Saturday secured his place in the Shanghai Masters final where he is due to play against Spain's Roberto Bautista Agut.
Murray, who has won the Shanghai Masters on two occasions (2010 and 2011), overcame Frenchmen Gilles Simon on Saturday with a convincing 6-4, 6-3 victory, reports Efe.
Murray and Bautista have battled it out on the court twice in the past, at Wimbledon 2014 and in Munich 2015.
The Scot failed to concede a set on either of those occasions.
However, Murray will have to prepare for an in-form Bautista in Sunday's final after the Spaniard, ranked number 19 in the world, upset world number one Novak Djokovic (6-4, 6-4) in order to secure his spot in the ultimate stage of this year's Masters.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling