Barcelona Plans to Hand Andres Iniesta Lifetime Contract
Football Club Barcelona is all set to give it's star midfielder Andres Iniesta an open-ended playing contract, Spanish reports said.
Andres Iniesta of FC Barcelona (Getty Images)
Barcelona, Spain: Football Club Barcelona is all set to give it's star midfielder Andres Iniesta an open-ended playing contract, Spanish reports said.
Spanish newspaper Sport reported that the Catalan club is preparing a huge offer to renew Iniesta's contract, which expires on June 30, 2018.
The 32-year-old Spaniard, who started and grew up at Barca, said recently that he had been waiting for a meeting with Barcelona directors to renew his contract.
Iniesta underlined that he wants to end his career at the Catalan club, reports Efe.
The Barcelona icon spent 20 years at the club, where he won all possible titles including La Liga, Copa del Rey, Champions League, among others.
He is one of the key starters with Barca and Spain. In the international arena, he has also won the World Cup and the European championship with the national team.
The Spanish paper added that Barcelona will offer Iniesta a contract that he can choose the length of, in addition to having a new role after retirement, to serve as a representative of the club, a youth coach or an assistant with the first team.
Recommended For You
- ICC ODI Rankings Top Spot Beckons Virat Kohli & Co in Kolkata
- Jaws to Pulp Fiction: Drive Away Your Mid-Week Blues With These Classics
- UM Commando Classic and Mojave First Ride Review: Royal Enfield Rival, Finally?
- Kuldeep Yadav Feels He Can Dismiss David Warner 'Anytime'
- HP Spectre x360 Review: The Finest Convertible From HP [With Video]