DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhaichung Bhutia nominated for Padma Shri
He refused to react to the development, saying his name is still only at the nomination stage.
New Delhi: Indian football captain Bhaichung Bhutia has been nominated for civilian honour Padma Shri for his outstanding contribution to sport in the country.
"I have come to know that I have been nominated for Padma Shri," Bhutia said on Wednesday.
But he refused to react to the development, saying his name is still only at the nomination stage.
"I am just feeling normal. My name is only at the nomination stage now and the list is still to be finalised by the Sports Ministry," he said.
Padma awards are bestowed on persons with outstanding achievements.
If Bhutia's name gets the green signal, the 1998 Arjuna Awardee will become the fifth Indian footballer after Gostho Behari Paul (1962), Sailen Manna (1971), Chuni Goswami (1983) and PK Banerjee (1990) to receive the honour.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets