Australian Open 2017: Bhambri Advances, Myneni Bows Out
Yuki Bhambri (Photo credit: Getty Images)
Melbourne: Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri defeated seventh seed Stefan Kozlov of America to advance into the second round of the Australian Open qualifiers on Wednesday.
The 53-ranked Bhambri outplayed Kozlov 6-1, 6-4 in the opening round match.
In another match, Saketh Myneni lost to Peter Gojowczyk of Germany and bowed out of the tournament.
Myneni was beaten by 0-6, 2-6 by the 189th ranked German player.
Recommended For You
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Amazon Removes Mahatma Gandhi Chappal Recalling Sushma Swaraj's Warning
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Saina Nehwal Storms Into Malaysia Masters Semifinals
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More