DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bomb Victim Bartra Back in Training: Borussia Dortmund
Marc Batra (Image Courtesy: Instagram)
Berlin: Marc Bartra returned to training on Wednesday, almost exactly a month after his wrist was fractured in a bomb attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus.
"There's good news," proclaimed Dortmund in a statement. "Central defender Marc Bartra is back in team training exactly 29 days after undergoing an operation on his right hand and wrist following the bomb attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus."
The 26-year-old Spaniard's wrist was fractured and he was hit by shards of broken glass after three bombs exploded beside the Dortmund bus ahead of their Champions League quarter-final first leg against Monaco on April 11.
The match at Dortmund's Westfalenstadion was delayed 24 hours due to the attack before the hosts lost 3-2, eventually going down 6-3 on aggregate against the French league leaders.
A 28-year-old German-Russian has been charged with carrying out the attack, believed to have been motivated by greed.
Joining Bartra back in training was Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin, who had been out since injuring an ankle on April 22, the club said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong