DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chelsea extend John Obi Mikel's contract for five years
Chelsea extended midfielder John Obi Mikel's contract for five years, the English Premier League club announced.
London: Chelsea extended Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel's contract for five years, the English Premier League club announced. The 25-year-old, who arrived from Norwegian club Lyn in 2006, is now under contract at Stamford Bridge until 2017, Chelsea announced Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
"Chelsea seems like my home now because I have been here for over six years and I enjoy my time here," Mikel said.
"I have basically won everything with Chelsea and those years have been really special for me, winning trophies with big names like Didier Drogba, John Terry and Frank Lampard, who have had very long Chelsea careers."
Mikel has made 261 appearances during his time at the club, scoring twice, and has won the Premier League once, the FA Cup four times, the League Cup, and the Champions League.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017