Conor McGregor Applies for Boxing License
Mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor took another step toward setting up a megafight with undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather by applying for a professional boxing license in Nevada, according to multiple reports.
Conor McGregor. (Image credit: Reuters)
Las Vegas Mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor took another step toward setting up a megafight with undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather by applying for a professional boxing license in Nevada, according to multiple reports.
The application was missing some medical documents but the Nevada State Athletic Commission will consider McGregor's request once those are provided, the reports said.
Should the two sides agree to what would be a lucrative fight, the most likely location for the bout is Las Vegas.
News of McGregor's application comes on the heels of comments from UFC president Dana White, who said he had struck a deal with the 28-year-old Irishman over the fight and would now turn his attention to Mayweather's camp.
Mayweather, 40, retired in 2015 with an unblemished 49-0 professional boxing record while Irishman McGregor is the UFC's lightweight champion.
The two fighters have gone back and forth in the headlines for nearly a year regarding a potential showdown with both men previously stating they each wanted $100 million for the fight.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor's Cousin Mohit Marwah to Tie The Knot With Girlfriend Anita Motiwala; Family Reaches UAE
- Kedarnath Stalled: Sara Ali Khan Will Now Make Debut With Ranveer In This Movie?
- Did Fatima Sana Shaikh Just Shave A Part of Her Eyebrow For Thugs Of Hindostan?
- Aww! Priya Prakash Varrier Has A Huge Crush On This Indian Cricketer
- Toyota Sells 1.52 Million Electrified Vehicles in 2017, Three Years Ahead of 2020 Target