Cristiano Ronaldo's Private Plane Crashlands in Barcelona
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Madrid: The private airplane of Portuguese football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo crashed while trying to land in Barcelona on Monday.
Spanish sports newspaper AS reported that the plane went off the runway upon touchdown due to a technical fault, as the landing gear of the Gulfstream G200 broke at the moment of descent and the pilot had to use his expertise to land the plane, reports Efe.
Ronaldo was not on board when the incident took place, but was in Germany along with Real Madrid to play against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday in the second round of the Champions League group stage, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
The Portuguese legend bought the aircraft in 2015 for 20 million euros ($22.4 million).
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology