Davis Cup Final 2016: Diego Maradona Cheers on Argentina
Former World Cup winner Diego Maradona arrived in the Zagreb Arena amid much fanfare to support Argentina in the Davis Cup final against hosts Croatia.
File Image of Diego Maradona. (Reuters Images)
Zagreb: Former World Cup winner Diego Maradona arrived in the Zagreb Arena amid much fanfare to support Argentina in the Davis Cup final against hosts Croatia.
Cutting a relaxed figure and holding hands with his girlfriend Rocio Oliva, the Argentine soccer great was seated in the VIP box sporting his country's flag emblazoned with the words "The Maradona family is here".
Reporters and photographers crammed the section in the 15,000-seater venue to take photos, as hundreds of Argentine fans made their way in and hailed their hero with loud cheers.
Maradona guided Argentina to the 1986 World Cup title in Mexico, scoring a dazzling solo effort in a 2-1 quarter-final win over England regarded as one of the greatest goals in the competition's history.
Argentina fought back to level an absorbing Davis Cup final against hosts Croatia as Juan Martin Del Potro beat Ivo Karlovic 6-4 6-7(6) 6-3 7-5 after Marin Cilic's five-set defeat of Federico Delbonis on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Review: Is it Better Than The Xiaomi Mi Max?
- BMW M3 Review: The Everyday 3-Series Meant For The Racetrack
- Tarun Tahiliani Wows Audiences With 'Tarakanna' At ICW 2017 Day 3
- Sri Lanka vs India: Visitors Have 'The Eye of The Tiger' at Galle
- Fake Video: It Was Not a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 That Exploded