Davis Cup Final 2016: Diego Maradona Cheers on Argentina
File Image of Diego Maradona. (Reuters Images)
Zagreb: Former World Cup winner Diego Maradona arrived in the Zagreb Arena amid much fanfare to support Argentina in the Davis Cup final against hosts Croatia.
Cutting a relaxed figure and holding hands with his girlfriend Rocio Oliva, the Argentine soccer great was seated in the VIP box sporting his country's flag emblazoned with the words "The Maradona family is here".
Reporters and photographers crammed the section in the 15,000-seater venue to take photos, as hundreds of Argentine fans made their way in and hailed their hero with loud cheers.
Maradona guided Argentina to the 1986 World Cup title in Mexico, scoring a dazzling solo effort in a 2-1 quarter-final win over England regarded as one of the greatest goals in the competition's history.
Argentina fought back to level an absorbing Davis Cup final against hosts Croatia as Juan Martin Del Potro beat Ivo Karlovic 6-4 6-7(6) 6-3 7-5 after Marin Cilic's five-set defeat of Federico Delbonis on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Ravindra Jadeja Gives it Back Royally to Matthew Wade
- Hyundai Elantra Review: The Korean Plan To Kill German Cars In India
- Kapil Sharma Breaks Down While Filming His Show
- American Photographer Captures Bollywood at Its Candid Best and Every Photo Narrates a Story
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?