DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
EPL: Divock Origi, James Milner Give Liverpool 2-0 Win Over Sunderland
Image credit: Getty Images.
Substitute Divock Origi and James Milner both scored as Liverpool beat Sunderland 2-0 at Anfield to return provisionally to the Premier League summit on Saturday.
Liverpool dominated possession without finding a way past Sunderland's stubborn defence, spurning a host of chances until Origi, on in the first half for the injured Philippe Coutinho, curled in his first league goal of the season in the 75th minute.
Milner wrapped up the points from the penalty spot in the 91st minute, sending Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford the wrong way after Sadio Mane was brought down in the box by Didier Ndong.
Liverpool rose to the top of the Premier League table with 30 points, two ahead of third place Chelsea, who can return to the summit with victory over Tottenham Hotspur later on Saturday. The defeat sent Sunderland back to the bottom of the standings.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere