English teams kept apart in Europa League draw
Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle was paired with Rubin Kazan, FC Basel and Benfica respectively.
Nyon: European champion Chelsea was paired with Rubin Kazan in the draw for the Europa League quarter-finals on Friday as the three English qualifiers were kept apart.
Chelsea was drawn against eastern European opposition for the third straight round, having already knocked out Sparta Prague and Steaua Bucharest since dropping into the competition following its elimination from the Champions League.
After barely staving off a stunning comeback from Inter Milan in the last 16, Tottenham was drawn against FC Basel while Newcastle will play Benfica.
The other quarter-final sees Lazio take on Fenerbahce.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century