DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
FC Tokyo sign 13-year-old Barcelona prospect
Japanese club FC Tokyo has signed 13-year-old prospect Takefusa Kubo from Barcelona.
Tokyo: Japanese club FC Tokyo has signed 13-year-old prospect Takefusa Kubo from Barcelona.
Kubo, who earned the nickname the 'Japanese Messi', signed with Barcelona in 2011 to train at La Masia academy but FIFA ruled that the Spanish club violated international transfer regulations, forcing the teenager to return home.
Kubo, who could rejoin Barcelona when he is 18, had been training with Tokyo's junior youth team since April.
Arsenal and Manchester City were also reported to be among Europe's big clubs interested in Kubo, who was recently selected for Japan's under-15 team.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong