Fenerbahce Star Robin Van Persie Reveals Extent of Eye Injury
Robin Van Persie Injured his eye on Sunday in Turkish League. (Getty Images)
Former Manchester United and Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie has revealed the extent of his eye injury via twitter.
Van Persie suffered a freak injury after colliding with a defender during Sunday's clash with Akhisar Belediyespor in the Turkish League.
It was earlier feared that RVP might lose his eye after the 33-year-old was stretchered off the pitch with a plaster covering his bloodied left eye.
Television pictures appeared to show blood coming from Van Persie’s heavily bandaged left eye but a club statement said the situation was much less serious than feared.
The Dutch striker too has calmed all fears by playing down serious injury and thanking his staff and fans on a social networking site.
— Robin van Persie (@Persie_Official) November 7, 2016
Robin Van Persie also expressed his happiness on winning the match 3-1 on Sunday and also hinted he is available for the blockbuster derby clash against Galatasaray on November 20.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology