Fernandinho Praises Manchester City Coach Pep Guardiola
Fernandinho. (Getty Images)
Natal: Manchester City and Brazil international midfielder Fernandinho has praised the influence of his club and national team coaches, Pep Guardiola and Tite.
The 31-year-old credits Manchester City coach Guardiola and Brazil counterpart Tite for helping him recapture his best form this season, reports Xinhua.
"To tell the truth, I feel fortunate to be working with two high-level coaches," Fernandinho told a press conference on Wednesday.
"If one were to compare, I would talk of how they treat players, talking openly, eye to eye. Tite called me to explain how the team played. This is really good. The player feels important, part of the group, feels he has the confidence and support of the coach."
"It provides an opening for the exchange of ideas. The careers of the two managers speak for themselves."
Fernandinho has been in impressive form since the arrival of Guardiola this season.
He is expected to be rewarded by winning back his place in Brazil's starting line-up for their World Cup qualifier against Bolivia.
"I've only had a few hours with the group to be honest. But the first impression has been positive. He made sure to make me feel part of the group," Fernandinho said.
"This dialogue is important, it conveys confidence, shows that he understands the player's club situation. When I get here and find great players of the past on the coaching staff, it puts me at ease."
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines