FIA Approves 25 Test Days for 2017 F1 Tyres
Photo Credit: AP
Paris: Motorsport's governing body has approved changes in Formula One's regulations to allow tyre supplier Pirelli to carry out more testing ahead of the 2017 season.
The FIA's World Motor Sport Council said in a statement on Wednesday that the changes will allow 25 car days of testing with current F1 cars fitted with 2017 tyre sizes, in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The World Motorsport Council agreed to the additional testing because it is "essential for the purpose of developing the new tyre sizes permitted by the 2017 F1 technical regulations."
The FIA also says there will be an opportunity to test prototype 2017 tyres in 2016 sizes on 2013 or 2014 cars.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It