Gareth Bale Ruled Out of Bayern Return Leg, Doubtful For Clasico
Real Madrid will be without Gareth Bale as they look to book their place in a record seventh straight Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
File photo Gareth Bale (Reuters Photo)
Madrid: Real Madrid will be without Gareth Bale as they look to book their place in a record seventh straight Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
Bale is sidelined by the recurrence of an ankle problem picked up in Madrid's 2-1 first-leg win last week and is also a doubt for Real's crunch La Liga clash with Barcelona on Sunday.
The Welshman was sidelined for three months earlier in the season after suffering ligament damage in his right ankle.
"When he came back he was desperate to be involved and now he has a small niggle that is preventing him from being fully fit.
"I hope it is nothing and in a few days he can be with us again.
Bale missed Real's 3-2 win at Sporting Gijon on Saturday and Zidane was far from confident he will be fit in time to face Barca.
"I hope he will be with us, but we have to wait and see," he added.
"It is a question of taking it day by day."
By contrast, Bayern look set to be handed a huge injury boost as top scorer Robert Lewandowski returns after a shoulder injury.
Recommended For You
- Soorma: Sandeep Singh On Training Diljit Dosanjh & The Message He Wants To Convey Through His Biopic
- Pakistan Cricket's Structure Needs Improvement, Talent is There: Shoaib Akhtar
- Kedarnath Stalled: Sara Ali Khan Will Now Make Debut With Ranveer In This Movie?
- Israeli Scientists Complete Mock Mars Mission in Negev Desert
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes