German absences pile up ahead of Dutch friendly
Germany will be without defenders Jerome Boateng and Marcel Schmelzer as well as midfielders Bastian Schweinsteiger and Toni Kroos.
Munich: Germany will be without defenders Jerome Boateng and Marcel Schmelzer as well as midfielders Bastian Schweinsteiger and Toni Kroos for Wednesday's friendly against the Netherlands in Amsterdam, the German Football Association said on Sunday.
Boateng and Schmelzer picked up injuries on Saturday while Bayern Munich's Schweinsteiger and Kroos are ill, the DFB said in a statement.
For Borussia Dortmund's Schmelzer it is an old foot injury that flared up in their 3-1 win at Augsburg while Boateng tore a thigh muscle in Bayern's 2-0 win against Eintracht Frankfurt.
"Coach Joachim Loew could nominate replacements after today's Bundesliga games," the federation said in a statement.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology