Hamilton Ahead of Rosberg in Baku As Rivals Struggle
File image of Lewis Hamilton. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Baku: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton set the top time in Friday's practice at the European Grand Prix, ahead of teammate and Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg, who had an engine problem.
Despite unfamiliarity with the bumpy, windy and low-grip Baku street circuit, Mercedes' dominance was undiminished.
The strong challenges that Red Bull and Ferrari had put up in Monaco and Montreal, respectively, were glaringly absent. Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo snapped off a wheel colliding with a barrier and teammate Max Verstappen suffered a clutch-related oil leak. The team's best time was 1.8 seconds off Hamilton, while Ferrari was further back.
Drivers continuously ran off as they tested the limits on the new circuit, while loose curbs damaged tires and required frantic adjustments.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology