Hamilton Ahead of Rosberg in Crash-Hit Final Practice
File image of Lewis Hamilton. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Silverstone: Lewis Hamilton clocked the fastest lap ahead of Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg in the crash-marred final practice for the British Grand Prix on Saturday.
Hamilton, who was also fastest in both practices on Friday, wound up 0.063 seconds better than Rosberg, who missed the entire second Friday session, with Australian Daniel Ricciardo third, half a second adrift in his Red Bull car.
The session was stopped for 18 minutes when Swedish driver Marcus Ericsson crashed heavily in his Sauber. He was unhurt and walked away.
Dutch teenager Max Verstappen was fourth in the second Red Bull, followed by Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari, and Valtteri Bottas of Williams.
The qualifying session for Sunday's grid positions is scheduled to follow late on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?