Harikrishna Settles for Draw With Inarkeiv
Grand Master Pentala Harikrishna put up a spirited show to share the spoils with Russian GM Ernesto Inarkeiv in the fourth round of the Moscow FIDE Grand Prix played here today.
Grand Master Pentala Harikrishna put up a spirited show to share the spoils with Russian GM Ernesto Inarkeiv in the fourth round of the Moscow FIDE Grand Prix
played here today.
The World No. 16 Indian, playing with black pieces, started off on a strong note to dominate the initial stages of the game.
"I surprised him with Benoni, a Fianchetto variation and after that move he was just trying to save the game," Harikrishna said after the match.
However, Harikrisha could not capitalize and Ernesto dug deep and clung on to draw the game that lasted for 47 moves.
"I constantly put pressure on him, but he found the right moves in the crucial stages of the game to lead it towards a draw," he further added.
At the end of the days action, Harikrishna has one and a half points so far in this campaign after drawing three and losing just one and is placed 16th on the leaderboard.
Recommended For You
- Ola Outstation Review: Perfect Ride For Last Minute Weekend Plans
- Six Times Rakhi Sawant Proved She's the Ultimate Controversy Queen of Bollywood
- David Warner Credits MS Dhoni for 'Nurturing' Virat Kohli's Captaincy
- ASEAN-India Artists' Camp: Bringing Together Art, Culture and Traditions of 11 Countries
- Tata Nexon Undercuts Maruti Vitara Brezza by Rs 1.5 Lakhs