Hockey: India Women suffer second straight defeat in Hawke's Bay Cup
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Hastings (New Zealand): The Indian women's hockey team slumped to its second consecutive defeat in the Hawke's Bay Cup, going down 0-4 to Ireland on Sunday.
After a barren first quarter, the Indian defence let in two goals in the next 15 minutes when Anna O'Flanagan (25th minute) and Nicola Daly (29th) scored twice for Ireland in a span of five minutes.
After the change of ends, Chloe Watkins (37th) made the scoreline 3-0 in Ireland's favour before Megan Frazer (44th) found the net again for the Irish girls seven minutes later.
Indian eves had earlier lost 0-1 to hosts New Zealand in the tournament opener.
India will next play China in their next Pool B match on April 5.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner