Hong Kong Open Super Series: PV Sindhu Beats Susanto Yulia Yosephin To Enter Second round
PV Sindhu. (Getty Images)
Kowloon: Indian shuttler PV Sindhu advanced to the second round of the women's singles competition at the Hong Kong Super Series badminton tournament on Wednesday.
Sindhu had an easy outing as she notched up a 21-13 21-16 win over Susanto Yulia Yosephin of Indonesia in 32 minutes. The 2016 Rio Olympics silver medallist hardly broke a sweat in the first game after the two were locked at 2-2 early on. Sindhu left her rival way behind after that as she easily took the first game.
The second game was a tight contest with the two opponents refusing to yield an inch to each other. After being level at 9-9, Sindhu zoomed ahead at 12-9 but her Indonesian rival fought back to tie the score at 16-16.
Sindhu was in no mood to allow her opponent to come back as she took the next five successive points to take the second game and wrap up the match.
In the second round, Sindhu will take on Hsu Ya Ching of Chinese Taipei, who upset seventh seed Sing Ji Hyun of Korea in the first round.
PV Sindhu, who recently won her first Super Series title at the 2016 China Open, is still ranked outside the top 10 in the world and is looking to garner as many ranking points as possible to make it into the elite top 8 players who will get a shot at the year ending BWF Super Series Finals.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology