I Want to Play Until I Am 41: Cristiano Ronaldo
Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo said on Monday that he hopes to carry on playing football for another 10 years when he will be 41 years old.
Cristiano Ronaldo. (Getty Images)
Madrid: Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo said on Monday that he hopes to carry on playing football for another 10 years when he will be 41 years old.
The Portugal captain made his comments at the press conference held after he extended his current contract with Real Madrid until the summer of 2021, when he will be 36 years old, reports Xinhua.
After thanking the club and the fans, Ronaldo said it was a "very important" day for him.
"I have renewed my contract for the next five years, but it will not be my last contract. I want to play on until I am 41," he said, adding he intended "to carry on making history with Real Madrid".
"Five years is a long time and I am going to give my best... I want to continue winning and I want to carry on learning," commented the forward.
"I have a long time ahead of me to enjoy at a professional level. I have 10 years left to play," insisted Ronaldo, who also didn't rule out remaining at the club when he finally hangs up his boots.
"You never know; I am very happy in Madrid, my son is also happy seeing his father here, so are my family and friends... I don't know if I will still be here because the present is what matters, but I am always going to be connected to and identify with the club," he assured.
Recommended For You
- GoT S7 Ep 2: Stormborn Gives a Glimpse of Upcoming Wars, Reunions
- Stranger Things Season 2 Trailer Promises Return of Danger, Horror, and Eleven
- Suzuki Swift Sport 2017 Unveil on September 12, India Launch Expected Soon
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5-Inch Review: The Ecosystem That you Always Needed
- 'Traditional Yet Contemporary,' Say Falguni & Shane About Their Upcoming Collection