India Go Down 0-4 to Australia in Azlan Shah Cup Hockey Final
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Thomas Williams Craig and Matt Gohdes scored a goal each as Australia dashed India’s hopes to clinch their ninth Sultan Azlan Shah hockey title with a thumping 4-0 win in Ipoh, Malaysia, on Saturday.
Craig scored in 29th and 35th minutes, while Gohdes drew blood in 43rd and 58th minute as Kangaroos thrashed five-time champions India in an attacking display of their skills.
Indians defended well in the first quarter as no goal was scored, but Australia launched attacks from the second quarter and within no time they were dominating in the match.
Australia drew the first blood in 29th minute. Thomas Williams Craig scored the opening goal for Kangaroos who were runners-up last year.
Craig continued his onslaught as he scored the second goal for the team in 35th minute. Matt Gohdes dealt another blow on India in the 43rd minute when he tripled the lead for Australia. He scored his second and the team’s final goal just before the whistle.
Both teams changed their goalkeepers in the fourth quarter. For India, Harjot Singh came in but to no avail.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology