India U-17 Team Loses 1-2 to Sporting Clube de Portugal
Indian U-17 football team suffered a 1-2 loss against Sporting Clube de Portugal in the last match of their exposure trip to Europe here.
Lisbon: Indian U-17 football team suffered a 1-2 loss against Sporting Clube de Portugal in the last match of their exposure trip to Europe here.
Participating in friendly ties accross Europe as part of an exposure tour, the young Indian team were done in by goals from Carlos Silva (40th minute) and Ussumane (51st).
In an evenly balanced game, the Lions cubs broke the young Tigers' defense with a well executed move right on the brink of half-time.
Nevertheless, the push-back never curtailed the Indians' endeavour and they hit back right after half-time to level the tallies thanks to Jadhav.
Barely five minutes later Ussumane regained the advantage for the Greens, with a quick finish.
Luis Matos' juniors had the perfect opportunity to level the scoreline when Sporting conceded a penalty. But Jadhav fluffed his shot completely and the chance went abegging.
Recommended For You
- Blue Whale Challenge: Why a 'Ban' is Difficult; Early Warning Signs
- Sreesanth Is Back On the Cricket Field, Is BCCI Watching?
- Top Car Discounts for August 2017
- Akshay Kumar Thanks Hrithik Roshan, Fans For Toilet Ek Prem Katha's Success
- Janmashtami 2017: Celebrate The Day With Lord Krishna Inspired Playlist