DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India U-17 WC Team Loses First Practice Match In Portugal
New Delhi: India U-17 World Cup team lost 1-2 to Portugal's Vitoria de Setubal U-17 in their first practice match of the exposure trip at the Jose Mourinho Training Center in Troia, Lisbon on Tuesday.
In a closely-fought match, the Indian colts matched their opponents, but the chances created were seldom converted into goals.
Though the Indian team dominated possession in the opening minutes of the match, Setubal U-17 created the first goal scoring chance of the match in the 16th minute when they rattled the Indian crossbar.
The half-time scoreline read 1-0 in favour of Setubal U- 17.
After the break, the Indian colts upped the ante and pressed for the equaliser.
But Aniket Jadhav's shot in the 47th minute went inches over the bar and a minute later his shot again flew whiskers wide of the goal.
The Indians finally managed to equalise in the 67th minute with Aniket successfully scoring from the penalty spot this time around.
India tried to take the lead but could not find the net, even as Setubal U-17 struck in the 85th minute to seal off the match in their favour.
India U-17 will next face Belenenses on April 25 in Jamor, Portugal.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong