India drub Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup tournament
India dominated the match and took the lead in the 17th minute.
New Delhi: India have started their campaign in the ONGC Nehru Cup Football Tournament with a six-goal demolition of Cambodia at New Delhi's Ambedkar Stadium on Friday.
India dominated the match right from the start and took the lead in the 17th minute when midfielder NP Pradeep blasted home a long ranger.
The team from South-east Asia never recovered after the first goal and from then on the match was largely confined to the Cambodian half.
India extended the lead at the stroke of halftime when skipper Baichung Bhutia drilled home a penalty after he was brought down inside the box.
Even after the break the host team did not ease the pressure with Stephen Dias scoring the third goal in the 72nd minute with a rebound shot.
But the Indian were not satisfied with just three goals and a shocking defensive error saw local boy Sunil Chetri lob over the goalkeeper Oum Veasna's head for goal number four.
A minute later Chetri made it 5-0 and Man of the Match Dias rammed home the sixth goal.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology