India Women Lose 0-2 to Great Britain in First Hockey Test
File photo: The Indian Women Hockey team practice at Major Dhyan Chand stadium. (Getty Images)
Marlow (UK): The Indian women's hockey team lost to Great Britain 0-2 in the opening game of the 5-match Test series.
The match started at a brisk pace for India as they won a penalty corner in the seventh minute but the opportunity went abegging as Anuradha mishit a rebound.
The Indian women kept pressing through the first quarter and Vandana's deflection went into the opposition goal but the referee disallowed it, ruling instead against the visiting side for dangerous play.
The second quarter also saw the Indian women pressing hard as Ritu almost gave India the lead but her shot was saved by the British goalkeeper.
Great Britain too had a very good opportunity in the second quarter but could not the penalty corner. At half time the match was poised at 0-0.
In the third quarter, Great Britain took the lead with Ellie Rayar scoring in the 38th minute. The third quarter was completely dominated by Great Britain.
The fourth quarter saw Indian women trying to make an impact on the match, but that was not to be as Great Britain scored their second goal with three minutes remaining on the clock. Ellie Rayar struck her second goal of the match via a penalty corner.
Indian women lost the match but they looked an organized side as they kept the home team on their toes.
India play their second match of the Test series against Great Britain on May 5.
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18