Indian Boxing Council Inducted in WBO
New Delhi: The Indian Boxing Council, a licensing body for the country's professional boxers, has been inducted into the World Boxing Organisation with voting rights in the WBO's annual convention at Puerto Rico.
IBC President Brig. PKM Raja attended the meet in which the Indian body was welcomed into the fold by WBO founder Chairman Luis Batista Salas.
"I am extremely delighted that Indian Boxing Council has been formally welcomed into the WBO fold. This paves the way for Indian Boxers to participate in WBO Events and be eligible to compete for WBO Asia Pacific as well as WBO World Titles," Brig. Raja told PTI over phone.
"It was a momentous occasion for me as President of IBC, when many prominent Boxing Promoters from Asia, Europe, America and Africa congratulated me immediately after the WBO announcement and expressed their keen interest to join hands with Indian Boxing Council for the promotion of Professional Boxing in India," he added.
The convention was also attended by Neerav Tomar, Managing Director and CEO of Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS), which is the India promoter of star boxer Vijender Singh.
Vijender is the reigning WBO Asia-Pacific super middleweight champion.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show