Indian Wells 2017: Sania Mirza-Barbora Strycova Enter Quarters
Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells (US): Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova registered a straight sets win to enter the women's doubles quarter-finals of the Indian Wells 2017 tournament on Saturday.
The Indo-Czech pair needed around 64 minutes to beat Sara Errani of Italy and Alicja Rosolska of Poland 6-2, 6-3.
Sania and her partner were stronger with their serve, hitting three aces, while Errani and Rosolska committed three double faults.
In men's doubles, Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his Argentine partner Juan Martin de Porto crashed out in the opening round.
Paes and Del Porto were no match for Luxembourg's Gilles Muller and American Sam Querry as they suffered straight sets 3-6 4-6 defeat to make early exit from the ATP Masters event.
Recommended For You
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?