Indian Wells 2017: Sania Mirza-Barbora Strycova Enter Quarters
The Indo-Czech pair needed around 64 minutes to beat Sara Errani of Italy and Alicja Rosolska of Poland 6-2, 6-3.-
Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells (US): Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova registered a straight sets win to enter the women's doubles quarter-finals of the Indian Wells 2017 tournament on Saturday.
The Indo-Czech pair needed around 64 minutes to beat Sara Errani of Italy and Alicja Rosolska of Poland 6-2, 6-3.
Sania and her partner were stronger with their serve, hitting three aces, while Errani and Rosolska committed three double faults.
In men's doubles, Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his Argentine partner Juan Martin de Porto crashed out in the opening round.
Paes and Del Porto were no match for Luxembourg's Gilles Muller and American Sam Querry as they suffered straight sets 3-6 4-6 defeat to make early exit from the ATP Masters event.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Hints At Affair With Hrithik Yet Again, Recites a Soulful Poem For The Actor On This Show
- Shaitan Haveli Review: Amazon Prime's A-Grade Tribute to B-Grade Horror
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut Look Spectacular In Sabyasachi Sarees; See Pics
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods