DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian Wells: Garbine Muguruza Rallies to Reach Fourth Round
Garbine Muguruza. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: French Open champion Garbine Muguruza battled past tenacious teenager Kayla Day 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 on Sunday to reach the fourth round of the Indian Wells WTA hard court tournament.
The seventh seed from Spain next faces Ukrainian 10th seed Elina Svitolina, a 6-2, 6-1 winner over Australian Daria Gavrilova.
Day, a hard-hitting 17-year-old Californian who received a wild card into the draw, pushed the Grand Slam champion hard. But she ran out of steam in the final set, surrendering with a double fault on match point.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi