Indian Wells: Garbine Muguruza Rallies to Reach Fourth Round
Garbine Muguruza. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: French Open champion Garbine Muguruza battled past tenacious teenager Kayla Day 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 on Sunday to reach the fourth round of the Indian Wells WTA hard court tournament.
The seventh seed from Spain next faces Ukrainian 10th seed Elina Svitolina, a 6-2, 6-1 winner over Australian Daria Gavrilova.
Day, a hard-hitting 17-year-old Californian who received a wild card into the draw, pushed the Grand Slam champion hard. But she ran out of steam in the final set, surrendering with a double fault on match point.
Recommended For You
- 2nd T20I: Pakistan Beat West Indies by 3 Runs
- India Open 2017: It's Saina Nehwal Versus PV Sindhu In Quarters
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Alia, Anushka, Kangana And Priyanka Have This One Thing In Common
- Samsung Galaxy S8: Three Reasons I Will Buy The Latest Samsung Flagship