Indian Wells: Stan Wawrinka Holds Off Yoshihito Nishioka to Reach Quarters
Stan Wawrinka. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: World number three Stan Wawrinka rallied for 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7/4) victory over Japanese lucky loser Yoshihito Nishioka Wednesday to reach the ATP Indian Wells Masters quarter-finals.
Switzerland's Wawrinka, a three-time Grand Slam champion, labored for two hours and 13 minutes to get past the 70th-ranked Nishioka, who twice served for the match in the third set before succumbing in the tiebreaker.
Wawrinka next faces either eighth-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem or 10th seeded Gael Monfils of France.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Justice League Trailer Shows The United Powers of All Our Favourites From DC Universe
- Aashayein: A Shop for a Better future For Jaipur Central Jail's Inmates
- Cheteshwar Pujara Breaks Gautam Gambhir's 8-Year Old Record