Indian Wells: Stan Wawrinka Holds Off Yoshihito Nishioka to Reach Quarters
Stan Wawrinka. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: World number three Stan Wawrinka rallied for 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7/4) victory over Japanese lucky loser Yoshihito Nishioka Wednesday to reach the ATP Indian Wells Masters quarter-finals.
Switzerland's Wawrinka, a three-time Grand Slam champion, labored for two hours and 13 minutes to get past the 70th-ranked Nishioka, who twice served for the match in the third set before succumbing in the tiebreaker.
Wawrinka next faces either eighth-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem or 10th seeded Gael Monfils of France.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Ready to Sell his Pyjama to Buy MS Dhoni in IPL 2018
- LG G6 First Impressions Review: The V20 Facelift Seems Unconvincing
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival