Indian Wells: Stan Wawrinka Holds Off Yoshihito Nishioka to Reach Quarters
Stan Wawrinka. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: World number three Stan Wawrinka rallied for 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7/4) victory over Japanese lucky loser Yoshihito Nishioka Wednesday to reach the ATP Indian Wells Masters quarter-finals.
Switzerland's Wawrinka, a three-time Grand Slam champion, labored for two hours and 13 minutes to get past the 70th-ranked Nishioka, who twice served for the match in the third set before succumbing in the tiebreaker.
Wawrinka next faces either eighth-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem or 10th seeded Gael Monfils of France.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- England vs South Africa: Proteas Defeat Hosts by Three Runs in 2nd T20I
- Honda CLIQ Review: The Grown-up Navi That's Not Just Another Activa
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats