Jayaram Reaches Quarter-Finals of Dutch Open, Kashyap Crashes Out
File image of Ajay Jayaram. (Getty Images)
Almere, Netherlands: Defending champion Ajay Jayaram reached the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open Grand Prix badminton tournament after notching up an easy straight game win over Norway's Marius Myhre in the men's singles competition.
Top seed Jayaram defeated 16th seed Marius 21-6 21-6 in a lop-sided contest. He will next face Brazil's Ygor Coelho De Oliveira.
It turned out to be a disappointing day for 11th seed Parupalli Kashyap as he lost 18-21 18-21 to sixth seed Raul Must of Estonia.
Mixed doubles pair of B Sumeeth Reddy and Meghana Jakkampudi, however, reached the next round after defeating Netherlands' Jelle Maas and Imke Van Der Aar 21-16 21-18.
In men's doubles competition, top seeds Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy lost to Jacco Arends and Ruben Jille of Netherlands 19-21 19-21.
Another Indian pair of Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar, seeded third, also lost to Germany's Bjarne Geiss and Fabian Holzer 17-21 21-15 20-22.
Recommended For You
- Pacer Sreesanth Denied NOC to Play in Scotland League
- Honor 6X Review: It Has All The SWAG That It Promises in Rs 12,999
- Australian Open 2017: Roger Federer Masterclass Floors Mischa Zverev
- Yamaha FZ 25 Launched at Rs 1.19 lakh, Gets a 249cc Engine and Bold Styling
- 13 Things That Rishi Kapoor Revealed From His Book at Jaipur Lit Fest