Jenson Button Set to Enter 'Club 300' in Malaysia
Image credit: Getty Images
McLaren F1 driver Jenson Button is on the verge of joining the elite group of legendary racers like Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello. Button is all set to become only the third driver in the history of the sport to start 300 Formula One races.
The 36-year old said he never thought of even getting close to this milestone. “When Rubens got to 300 it was unbelievable, and I thought I am never going to race that long," said Button.
"I remember when I started in 2000, speaking to my dad, and he said 'how long do you think are you going to race for? Do you think you are going to race in your thirties?' And I said I would be done by the time I am 30, but here I am, 36, and this weekend I start my 300th grand prix."
Button’s McLaren teammate Fernando Alonso has also hailed his colleague as his best partner ever. "For me, he's probably the best team-mate I've had," said Alonso. "He is very fast. He is very competitive inside the car, but outside the car as well he is a very nice guy, a true gentleman, and also very committed to the sport.”
This coming from a man who has partnered the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen and Jacques Villeneuve during his F1 career.
Button has so far scored only 17 points this season and will look to add to it over the weekend in Malaysia.
- Bihar Deputy CM Tejaswi Yadav Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- 31st October Movie Review: Live
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Cauvery Dispute: DMK Leaders M K Stalin, Kanimozhi Stage Protests, Detained